View the embedded image gallery online at:
Environmental Policy Statement
This policy applies to all business units and assets operated or contracted-out within the port limits of Fraserburgh Harbour Commissioners. Each organisation will:
- Protect the environment and the health and safety of employees, contractors and others by integrating safety, health and environmental management into all business processes, with equal importance as other business considerations.
- Provide the resources, information, training and supervision necessary to implement this policy.
- Demonstrate commitment through leadership and participation at all levels. Actively involve and consult employees and contractors. Have an open culture where personnel take pride in working safely and protecting the environment.
- Comply with or exceed legislative requirements, and use best-proven industry practices.
- Assess risks to personnel and the environment from current and proposed activities. Manage hazards to ensure that risks are as low as reasonably practicable.
- Maintain contingency plans to minimise the consequences of reasonably foreseeable incidents and ensure a fast and effective response.
- Audit compliance with this policy and its associated management systems, monitor their effectiveness and take appropriate action.
Clerk to the Commissioners