ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
Fraserburgh Harbour Commissioners acknowledge their environmental responsibilities and shall actively work to minimise pollution and the effects of its activities on the environment. As part of this undertaking, in relation to the activities and operations within the confines of the port, the Commissioners are committed to:-
- Protect the environment and the health and safety of employees, contractors and others by integrating safety, health and environmental management into all business processes, with equal importance as other business considerations.
- Provide the resources, information, training and supervision necessary to implement and maintain this policy.
- Demonstrate commitment through leadership and participation at all levels.
- Actively involve and consult employees, stakeholders and contractors to fulfil environmental objectives.
- Have an open culture where personnel take pride in working safely and protecting the environment.
- Periodically revise policy and comply with, or exceed, legislative requirements and use best-proven industry practices.
- Assess risks to personnel and the environment from current and proposed activities. Manage hazards to ensure that risks are as low as reasonably practicable.
- Maintain contingency plans to minimise the consequences of reasonably foreseeable incidents and ensure a fast and effective response by maintaining preparedness response to reduce any adverse effects that may occur there from
- Audit compliance with this policy and its associated management systems, monitor their effectiveness and take appropriate action.
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible. Encourage contractors and stakeholders to do likewise.
Michael Murray, Fraserburgh Harbour Commissioners Convenor