Draft Masterplan for Fraserburgh Harbour
The Draft Masterplan for Fraserburgh Harbour sets out a vision and strategic framework for the development of infrastructure at Fraserburgh Harbour over the next 20 years, supporting growth in existing markets as well as facilitating and attracting new business.
Masterplan proposals comprise enhancing infrastructure within the existing harbour area: deepening Faithlie Harbour and improving access to the Fish Market, as well as widening the entrance to Balaclava Harbour and enhancing the ship lift facility. The more strategic proposals include an extension to the existing breakwater and the construction of a new deep-water basin at the south end of the harbour – whilst a major investment these proposals will have a profound and transformational impact on harbour business and the local community:
- Safeguarding and creating new and high value-added employment opportunities for the local community as well as attracting in new people, enhancing population retention and growth.
- There will be demand for particular skills through attracting business in new sectors, which could lead to more learning opportunities for the local community.
- An increase in economic activity will stimulate investment and regeneration in the town, both in terms of its physical infrastructure and in business-related facilities.
Fraserburgh Harbour Commissioners would like to invite the wider community and all interested parties to view the Draft Masterplan, ask questions and provide comment, which will be considered in the development of the Final Masterplan. A public community consultation will be taking place through a number of initiatives:
A hard copy of the Draft Masterplan will be available between 1st May and 14th June 2019 at the following locations:
- Fraserburgh Harbour Commissioners, Harbour Office, Shore Street, Fraserburgh, AB43 9BR
- Fraserburgh Library, King Edward Street, Fraserburgh, AB43 9PN.
An online copy of the Masterplan can be accessed by clicking Draft Masterplan or by downloading a copy from the downloadables section of the website and will be available between 1st May and 14th June 2019.
A Community Consultation Event will comprise presentations and drop-in sessions.
The Community Consultation Event will take place on Wednesday 15th May 2019 at the North East Scotland College, Fraserburgh Campus, Henderson Road, Fraserburgh, AB43 9GA:
1300hrs & 1800hrs Presentation of the Draft Fraserburgh Harbour Masterplan.
1330–1630hrs & 1830-2030hrs Drop-in session: see the proposals and speak to the project team.
Any comments that you wish to make should be submitted by email or in writing to the above-named contacts by Friday 14th June 2019. We also encourage you to complete a short questionnaire asking for your views on the Masterplan via this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Fraserburgh_Harbour_Masterplan