View the embedded image gallery online at:
Fraserburgh Harbour Commissioners would like to reassure you that they are taking extra precautions in light of the coronavirus pandemic to limit any impact on all operations at the harbour and will be following Government Guidelines. All those attending the fish market are asked to ensure that they utilise the hand washing facilities and wear a face covering if applicable on arrival at the market and adhere to the social distancing requirements as advised by the Government before, during and after the sale. During this time additional hygiene measures will be in place and all users are asked to strictly adhere to these.
1. No person with a cough or sneeze is to enter the fish market.
2. On entering the fish market, you must wash your hands with soap and water. Do this for at least 20 seconds.
3. The 2m minimum social distancing must be adhered to at all times.
4. Wear a facecovering if applicable
4. Only remain within the fish market for the minimum length of time.
The port remains open with the two ship repair facilities operational with additional policies and procedures in place including the requirement for booking forms to be complete. Any change in instructions from the Government will be considered by the Commissioners at the appropriate time and the recommended steps taken. I am sure you will be understanding of the situation and we look forward to the co-operation of all port users during this time to keep everyone safe.
Any commercial vessel wishing to use the port must ensure that Maritime Declaration of Health (MDH) is completed. This is normally only required for all vessels on arrival from a foreign port. However, in response to this situation regarding COVID-19, Health Protection Scotland and the Scottish Ports Liaison Network require that information be submitted to the Scottish Port Health Authority in the following cases irrespective of the vessel or whether it is arriving from a foreign port or another UK port:
• Any vessel that has visited another port in the past 14 days
• Any vessel that has had a crew change in the past 14 days
• Any vessel that has had a suspect/confirmed case in the past 14 days
Full information regarding this requirement can be found by clicking on the following link MDH&Information
The Harbour Office will be closed to visitors during this period however staff are dealing with administrative work and any queries should be by phone or email. Some members of staff are working from home.
We will continue to monitor Government and NHS Scotland advice and act accordingly.